It’s Jo here to talk about the truth of why most diets don’t work... and to let you in on 10 ways for you to start discovering the perfect diet for you.
But before I start...I want to share that I don't particularly like the word diet. It implies rigidity, deprivation, starvation and boring food. So, I'm talking about the over-arching principle of "diet" in the sense of eating for life. Ok. Now that we've taken care of that...
Why am I talking about finding the perfect diet for you?
It’s definitely that time of year. Where people resolve to clean up their eating. So often though, we believe that means the dreaded "D" word. BUT...
Research has proven that dieting can backfire AND mess up your metabolism.
However, this doesn't negate the validity of your desire to drop a few pounds after the holidays so you can feel great in your clothes, wear the latest styles, or look awesome on the beach when you’re away on vacation and feel confident in your skin. Or perhaps you want to clean up your eating to increase your energy, feel less stressed, gain mental clarity and just simply feel really good inside and out!
You ABSOLUTELY deserve to have those results! But if diets don’t work, then what does?
Here are my 10 ways to start discovering the perfect way to eat for you...because you won’t find it in any diet book. I use these 10 “paradigms” with clients in my health coaching practice to help them learn how to eat for life. They are simply ideas that we hold as true which allow us to create our own experience.
So check these out!
10 Paradigms To Help You Discover The Perfect Diet For You...
1. There are as many “right” diets as there are people on the planet!
2. What’s healthy for one person might not be healthy for YOU.
3. The body has an innate wisdom beyond any book or authority.
4. Diets are not useful as dogma, but they ARE useful as a reference.
5. Your body is the ultimate dietary authority for every phase of your life.
6. Your diet changes as YOU change.
7. Your body is the most powerful, least expensive and BEST dietary experimentation lab.
8. Your RELATIONSHIP with food & your body impacts your health more than the food you eat.
9. Symptoms, cravings and behaviors are not the problem, they are your only solutions till now.
10. Nourishment is about much more than just food.
It might be scary at first to think that YOU actually have more control over your physical health experience than a “diet” does.
Most of my clients (once they really open up to this possibility) find it totally liberating and start to feel empowered instead of fearful.
I get that this is likely a whole new way of looking at your food and your life—it’s, in essence, a huge paradigm shift. But, how great is that? Now you get to look at the things that weren’t working before through a whole new lens! One that puts YOU at the center of your life. Now that’s empowering!
If you are tired of the false promises of the latest diet fads and sick of following health and wellness trends that don’t work for you, then click here now to schedule a time to talk to me about diving deeper into these revelations and what it really means to be living in YOUR body.
I guarantee you that you will walk away feeling empowered to choose the way forward for you that feels right in your whole body and you will strengthen your relationship with the one person that matters most in your life—YOU!
To your health!