Why am I even using the word “nourishment” if I’m not talking about food? That’s a great question!
We often find ourselves so over-focused on food that we forget about all the other simple and wonderful ways to nourish ourselves.
What does it mean to nourish myself without food?
We often forget that...
...taking a walk in a forest with our dog is calming and rejuvenating.
...lying on your bed listening to your favourite song is soothing and relaxing.
...feeling the grass tickle your feet as you watch the clouds drift by is as good as meditation.
...engaging in uplifting and positive conversation with a good friend is energizing and motivating.
We actually “eat” all day with our senses...we “consume” our environment through touch, taste, smell, sound and sight.
Here are 5 ways to nourish your senses, starting today...
● Relationships: Seek out and nurture relationships with friends and family that make you feel good about yourself and say goodbye to the ones that drain your energy.
● Environment: Remember that your environment affects your mood and energy. So if you are stuck in an office all day staring at a wall, it’s time to kick off your shoes and run wild through a park (or the closest you can get to a park and to running wild!) so you can feel sunshine on your back and breeze on your skin.
● Connections: We spend so much of our time alone at our computers or behind high walls and yet it’s so important for our spirits to make connections with others. So join a club or an online Meetup and make new connections!
● Sleep: There is no way around it—there is just nothing quite like sleep to rejuvenate your body and restore your entire system to optimal functioning. If you missed my mini-series on sleep, you can start here!
● Movement: Movement sparks your endorphins, which make you feel energized and excited. It also keeps the oxygen circulating through your system, so you can feel refreshed and alive.
What do I do now?
In my health coaching practice, I help my clients realize that there is more to life than food! I call the most important parts of our lives “THE BIG 5” — these need as much love and attention as eating!
So, if you are tired of feeling like your life is lacking excitement and meaning and you want to find a way to feel nourished in all areas of your life, then click here now to schedule a time to talk with me today so I can help you feel more energized and alive than ever before!
And be sure to check out the info below for upcoming opportunities to nourish your mind, body and spirit.
To your health!